XML Comparator is used to compare and merge two XML files online and its free! This tool has been built up to compare two XML documents considering each element and attribute name and value. Just need to provide the XML contents, it will compare and find out the differences.
Using this tool you can do the following.
The XML comparator supports XML namespaces fully. The declarations of XML namespace need to be explicit and on the root XML element level.if xml name space defined in other elements, it copied the namespace decleration at the root level and then compare in the documents.It supports default namespace also.
Its not a text compare. It's a XML compare - mainly itcompare elements and attributes from both the XMLs without order of the elements and attributes at the same level (depth) . It is the best online XML comparator in the market! It shows the result highlighting with Green (Add) , Orange (Modified) and Red (Delete) color
Here To Watch A Demo On It(https://youtu.be/grECgKDbeuw).
It provides following options to compare.
- Compare two XML files
- Merge two XML Files
- Summary of changes. Mainly the XPaths which got changed.
- Show the differences with color code. Which help you to
visualize the difference easily
- Sorting and comparing
- Comparing XML ignoring comments
- Comparing XML ignoring element and attribute values from both
the XMLs. It is XML structure comparasion.
How It Works:
First it analyze both the XML file content. Check the precoditions
before compare. Once preconditions are pased, it copare the attribute
values and element values in both the XMLs. It cheks for new element and
attribute also. It detects if any element / attribute is deleted from
XMl2. Mark the differences with various colors. Red means deleted. Green
means added. Blue means modified.
Steps To Execute:
- Both XML needs to be well formed
- Root element name of both the XMLS has to be same.
- Add first XML content in the first text area.
- Add 2nd XML content in the 2nd text area.
- Click on the compare XML button