It provides following options to compare.
The text comparator supports any text content . Even if your file contains any html or xml tag, it can handle it.It highlights the differences beteen the files and gives the total number of differences..
Its not a XML compare. It compares fist line by line, then word by word, then character by character.
Here To Watch A Demo On It(https://youtu.be/grECgKDbeuw).
- Removing leading and tailing space of each line and then
- Removing empty / blank lines and then comparing
- Showing the differences highlighting with different colors.
How It Works:
First it analyze both the XML file content. Check the precoditions
before compare. Once preconditions are pased, it copare the attribute
values and element values in both the XMLs. It cheks for new element and
attribute also. It detects if any element / attribute is deleted from
XMl2. Mark the differences with various colors. Red means deleted. Green
means added. Blue means modified.
Steps To Execute:
- Both XML needs to be well formed
- Root element name of both the XMLS has to be same.
- Add first XML content in the first text area.
- Add 2nd XML content in the 2nd text area.
- Click on the compare XML button