It provides following options to compare.
The text comparator supports any text content . Even if your file contains any html or xml tag, it can handle it.It highlights the differences beteen the files and gives the total number of differences..
Its not a XML compare. It compares fist line by line, then word by word, then character by character. Finally provide the option to merge the files / strings.
Here To Watch A Demo On It(https://youtu.be/grECgKDbeuw).
- Removing leading and tailing space of each line and then
- Removing empty / blank lines and then comparing
- Showing the differences highlighting with different colors.
It compares and shows addition, deletion or modification of text content
with following colors:
Steps To Compare Two Text Contents:
- Addition in "Green"
- Modification in
- Deletion in
- Add file 1 content in TextArea 1.
- Add file 2 content in TextArea 2.
- Check the check box " Trim leading And trailing spaces "
checked if you would like to compare without spaces.
- Check the check box " Remove Blank Lines And Compare " checked
if you would like to compare without ignoring blank / empty lines.
- Hit the Compare Text button. It will compare two input text
contents and shows the differences with Red, Green and Amber colorF.
After compare you can opt to merge the text contents. It provides bothe
option to merge text1 to text2 or vice-versa.
How It Works:
First it analyze both the text file contents. Check the precoditions
before compare. Once preconditions are pased, it compare line by line in
both text contents. It cheks for line added, modified or deleted. It can
detects any change including the spaces between the words or tokens.
Mark the differences with various colors. Red means deleted. Green means
added. Blue means modified.
After compare, user can merge both the text content. It allow both side
merging. Text1 can be merged with Text2 or vice-versa.
Steps To Execute:
- Both text contents needs to be non empty
- Text file size needs to be < 100 mb.
- Add first text content in the first text area.
- Add 2nd text content in the 2nd text area.
- Click on the compare Text button
- It provides the feature to ignore leading and trailing spaces
- Removing blank lines and then compare
- Allows to merge the contents after compare. It allow both side